The Project involves the 4.5km long duplication of Old Cooma Road from Edwin Land Parkway to Googong Road and will be two lanes in each direction, as well as having provision for cyclists and a 2.5 metre off road shared path.
The 4.5km duplication will provide increased traffic capacity to match the growing traffic demands generated from the new Googong Township Development.
Key features of the duplication include:
– 4.5km duplication of Old Cooma Road from Edwin Land Parkway to Googong Road
– Two lanes in each direction separated by a 6m wide central median
– Stabilisation of the rock cutting on the western side of the road
– Shared off-road cyclist and pedestrian pathway linking Queanbeyan to Googong
– Provisions for on-road cyclists
– An 80km/h speed limit from Edwin Land Parkway to Googong Road
– Upgraded intersections at Wickerslack Lane, Tempe Crescent/Heights Road and Talpa Road
– A fauna underpass
The project is scheduled for completion in late 2020.
Under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (NSW legislation), WBHO, as a holder of an Environment Protection Licence, is required to publish information relating to our project-specific Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP). The link below provides a summary of our emergency incident response procedures.