WBHO is an industry leader in health and safety. The safety of our people, delivery partners and the public is always our number one priority. We do not compromise – we ensure every workplace has a positive safety culture and our people have the support they need to carry out their work safely.
Across many challenging sites – including intensive operational environments, remote locations and constrained footprints with multiple large plant and public interfaces – our safety record is second to none – We have a TRIFR lower than three, and an LTI average of less than one a year.
The principles that guide us include:
- A consistent focus on eliminating high risk activities
- A rigorous system of site controls, proactively managed by experienced site managers
- An open, inclusive culture that provides opportunities for personnel, subcontractors, clients and stakeholders to provide feedback and input on safety processes
- Creating an environment in which nobody feels pressured to undertake any activity they feel is unsafe
- Implementation of regular training and awareness initiatives
- A visible commitment to safety from our leaders.